districts.delhigovt.nic.in Procedure to Acquire Marriage Certificate and Check Status Online


Procedure to Acquire Marriage Certificate and Check Status Online:

Marriage solemnized already are registered under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955. Either Bride or Bridegroom must be resident of the Tehsil in which the marriage is to be Registered. At the time of Marriage the Bridegroom must have completed the age of 21 years and Bride the age of 18 years. To see more details and status kindly read below:

Official Website http://districts.delhigovt.nic.in/marriage.htm

About Marriage Certificate :
1.  Marriage Registration Certificate is an important document which proves that the married boy and girl are legally married and can stay together in a same place. Marriage certificate is issued to both Husband and Wife whose marriage has already been solemnised. The Marriage Registration is done under Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 or under the Special Marriage Act, 1954. The Hindu Marriage Act is applicable in cases where both husband and wife are Hindus, Buddhists, Jains or Sikhs or where they have converted into any of these religions.
2.  If there is a case where either of the husband or wife or both are not Hindus, Buddhists, Jains or Sikhs the marriage is registered under the Special Marriage Act, 1954.

Documents Required :
a.  Complete filled Application form in all respect and signed by both Husband & Wife.
b.  Residence Proof i;e ration card, voter id card, aadhar card etc.
c.  An individual affidavit for both husband and wife in prescribed format from both of the applicant.
d.  Date of birth certificates of both parties such as 10th Class certificate, Date of birth certificate.
e.  2 Recent passport size photograph of Husband and 2 Passport Size Photograph of Wife and one photo of marriage.
f.  Marriage invitation card.
g.  Original copy of divorce decree/order in case of a divorcee and death certificate of spouse in case of widow/widower.
h. In case one of the parties belong to other than Hindu Budhist, Jain and Sikh religions, a conversion certificate from the priest who solemnized the marriage ( in case of Hindu Marriage Act).
i.  In case applicant is a foreign national, a NO Objection Certificate in original from the concerned High Commission to be submitted along with the application form.
j.  If marriage was solemnized in a religious place, a certificate from the priest is required who solemnized the marriage.
k. Click here for Identification Certificate a)any person having PAN of income Tax (OR) b) any officer/official of Central or State govt. or UT Administration or PSU/Autonomous bodies whose identity can be established

Please Note  : It is informed to both the applicants that all the documents as to be attested by the gazetted officer.

Application Fee :
Rs. 100/- is charged as application fee for Registration and Rs. 150/- is charged for Solemnization.

Application Procedure :
a.  One can approach to the O/o the ADM of the concerned area or one can also approach to the concerned O/o the Deputy Commissioner during 10 :00 AM to 1:00 PM on all working day.
b.  Applicants are also advised that they can apply through online mode.

To Apply Online Click Here http://districts.delhigovt.nic.in/choosedistrict.asp

Response Time :
Marriage Registration certificate is issued within seve working days.

Degree of Prohibition as per Hindu Marriage Act 1955 :
1.  “Sapinda relationship” with reference to any person extends as far as the third generation (inclusive) in the line of ascent through the mother, and the fifth (inclusive) in the line of ascent through the father, the line being traced upwards in each case from the person concerned, who is to be counted as the first generation; two persons are said to “sapindas” of each other if one is a lineal ascendant of the other within the limits of sapinda relationship, or if they have a common lineal ascendant who is within the limits of sapinda relationship with reference to each of them;
2.  “degrees of prohibited relationship” – two persons are said to be within the “degrees of prohibited relationship” –
3.  if one is a lineal ascendant of the other
4.  if one was the wife or husband of a lineal ascendant or descendant of the other
5.  if one was the wife of the brother or the father’s or mother’s brother or of the grandfather’s or grandmother’s brother of the other
6.  if the two are brother and sister, uncle and niece, aunt and nephew, or children of brother and sister or of two brothers or of two sisters

Check Application Status http://districts.delhigovt.nic.in/entercompno.asp

You might also like More from author

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.