Process of Online Property Registration in Telangana


Online Property Registration in Telangana:

Government of Teangana Registration and property registration department is providing the Unit Rates of locations City/Town/Village wise in  Telangana Registration Department now changed website address and that is This help the citizens to know the land Rate of a property based on its location. People can be accessed from Internet to know Land rates, Duty rates, Stamp Vendor Details.

Home Page :

Q1.How ownership of immovable property is acquired?
Ans:-A person may acquire immovable property in any of the following ways:
1. By inheritance of ancestral property.
2. Through will.
3. Acquisition by oneself such as purchase etc.
4. Through gift, trust, settlement deeds.
5. Grant, sanad / Inam by the Government.
6. Through partition deed.
7. Through decree of Court.
There are 02 ways of acquisition:
1. By act of parties.
Example: Purchase, gift etc.
2. By operation of law
Example: Inheritance, decree of Court etc. (for details please see Transfer of Property Act, 1882 (Central Act))

Q2.Is it necessary to register in office of the sub-registrar to get patta/khata transferred (mutation) in respect of property acquired by inheritance?
Ans:-Not necessary. After the death of owner of a property his heirs, such as wife, children i.e. male and female, married or unmarried may, as per respective personal law, get the Patta/Khata transferred on production of death certificate of the owner with details of property held by him to the following officers.
If property is an agricultural land – Mandal Revenue Officer ( under Andhra Pradesh Land Revenue Act); if property is house or vacant land in a city/village other than agricultural land — Offices of Corporation, Municipality, Panchayat or City survey if such office exists.

Q3.Which are the documents required to be compulsorily registered?
Gift deed of immovable property.
Other non-testamentary instruments, which purport or Operate to create, declare, assign, limit or extinguish whether in the present or in future, any right, title or interest, whether vested or contingent, of the value of one hundred rupees and upwards, to or in immovable property. Eg: Sale, mortgage, partition, release, settlement of immovable property.
Non testamentary instruments which acknowledge the receipt or payment of any consideration on account of the creation, declaration, assignment, limitation or extension of any such right, title or interest;
Leases of immovable property
Non testamentary instruments transferring or assigning any decree or order of a court or any award when such decree or order or award purports or operates to create, declare, assign, limit or extinguish whether in the present or in future, any right, title or interest, whether vested or contingent, of the value of one hundred rupees and upwards, to or in immovable property;
The documents containing contracts to transfer for consideration, any immovable property for the purpose of section 53A of the Transfer of Property Act, 1882 shall be registered if they have been executed on or after the commencement of the
Registration and Other Related Laws (Amendment) Act, 2000 and if such documents are not registered on or after such commencement, then, they shall have no effect for the purposes of the said section 53A

Q4.How to effect partition of property?
If all the parties have share (common right) in the property then partition can be effected. If partition is effected through an instrument then such instrument must be compulsorily registered.
Stamp duty has to be paid in respect any kind of partition whether it is to be compulsorily registered or not.
Parties to the partition may agree to effect partition of unequal shares.

Q5. When there are two or more heirs, can one or two be made full owners by others by taking money in lieu of their share?
Yes. Any of the co-owners can individually or collectively release his / their right in favour of one or more collectively as the case may be and make him / them full owner. This kind of release can be with or without payment of money. This document is called Release.
Release can be made not only in case of inherited property but also in case of joint purchase/acquisition.

Q6.What is a will?
Ans:-A testamentary document by which a person bequeaths his property to be effective on his death is a will. The property will devolve on the person in whose favour it is bequeathed after death of testator.

Q7.Who can execute a will?
Any person above the age of 18 years and mentally sound may execute will, but the will caused by fraud or coercion or by forcefully is not valid. Therefore a will must be executed voluntarily.
Parents or guardians cannot execute will on behalf of minors or lunatics.
Attestation by minimum two witnesses is necessary.
Scribe (deed writer / advocate) cannot be called witness. Two independent attesting witnesses other than the scribe are necessary.
Beneficiary under a will should not sign as attesting witness.
In order to avoid disputes in implementation of a will, description of property and the beneficiaries should be clearly written without giving room for any doubt.
No stamp duty is required to be paid. Will can be drafted on a white paper.

Q8.Is it compulsory to register a will?
Ans:-It is not compulsory to register. Executants may register at his option. It is better to register the will. If original is lost a certified copy can be obtained from Sub-Registrar Office.

Q9. Where can a will be registered?
Ans:-It can be registered in any office of the District Registrar/Sub Registrar Office of India

Q10.Is there any time limit to register a will?
Ans:-There is no such time limit. It can be registered at any time after its execution.

Q11. Can a will be cancelled?
Ans:-The testator can cancel his will at any time during his lifetime.

Q12.Can a registered will be rectified or cancelled?
Ans:-If executant of a will wishes to rectify, change the content by way of addition/deletion of any recital in the original will may do so during his lifetime. This is called codicil. This document does not require any stamp duty.

Q32. What are powers of attorney?
Ans:-There are two kinds of Power of Attorney.
General Power of Attorney (GPA)
Special Power of Attorney (SPA)
Special Power of Attorney requires attestation (As per Sec 32 and 33 of Registration Act)
General Power of Attorney is executed by a person in favour of another to act on behalf of him generally. It may include management of property, Court matter/litigations, sale of mortgage of property or any other act.
Special Power of Attorney is executed to do a particular act.
Special Power of Attorney authorizing the agent to present the document executed by the Principal before the Registering Officer concerned and admit the execution thereof, requires to be attested by the Sub Registrar/Registrar in case the Principal resides in India except in Jammu and Kashmir. If the principal resides in Jammu and Kashmir, then it has to be attested by the Magistrate. And if the principal resides outside India, then the power shall be attested by Consul/vice-Consul/Notary Public/Magistrate.
Power of Attorney holder is answerable to the principal and liable to give accounts to him.

Q39.What is meant by Encumbrance (EC)?
Ans:-Encumbrance Certificate is a record showing registered transactions pertaining to a property. If mortgage, sale or any other deeds in respect of an immovable property are registered, indexing will be done by the Registration Department and this indexing ultimately converted to generate an encumbrance certificate. Today, in Andhra Pradesh, the Encumbrance Certificates are issued by MeeSeva Centres and Sub Registrar and District Registrar Offices.

Q41.How to obtain Certified copy of a registered document?
Any person may obtain certified copy of registered document relating to immovable property.
Certified copy of registered will may be obtained only by the testator only during his lifetime. Any person may get copy of a will after the death of the testator on production of death certificate.
Copies of registered deed of GPA and other documents relating to movables may be obtained by executant / claimant or agent, representative of such person only.
Stamp paper of Rs.20 is required to be produced along with a fee of Rs.100+User charges. Points to be noted by registering public for registration of a document
Note: Now the certified copies can be obtained through Meeseva kiosks in many districts of AP

For any queries, suggestions or complaints contact Toll Free No. 1800-425-9909

You might also like More from author



    My uncle passed away two years back and left a will in favor of his wife. The property is an independent house on a plot measuring 242 sq yds, located at Domalguda Hyderabad. Is there any transfer fee to be paid on inheritance? What is the procedure of transfer of the property on her name?

    1. Fahed says

      Hi Ramachandran,
      Do you got to know any information about your enquiry ? I am also in the same situation and would like to know the procedure to register under my name through WILL document.

      Thanks in advance.

  2. mahesh says

    hi pls help me iam having land in 2cres but land is not registried another person is changing in name in phani on that person name how to iam get my land but myland is not registerd to that person pls help me my no is 8977297724

  3. Sohail Syed says

    I purchase an independent house 120 sqryrd in langer house hyd.what is the procedure of registry through govt.i really donot wanna to go in brokers chakar

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.