wellcomedbt.org Process to Apply for Senior Fellowship For Researchers 2014
Senior Fellowships for Researchers in India :
This great scheme supports all those outstanding researchers/ students who belongs to any nationality, either medically qualified or science graduates, and those who wish to pursue a research career in an academic institution in India. Applicants must have demonstrated their ability to lead an independent research project and group.
Official Website : http://www.wellcomedbt.org/
What’s included? :
The fellowship is for five years, and provides :
1. Personal Support and financial support for the eligible fellow.
2. Essential costs of the research programme, including consumables, equipment, collaborative travel, research assistance and technical support if required.
3. Overheads, a flexible and smooth funding allowance and support to attend scientific meetings, in addition to requested essential costs.
The total award for a Senior Fellowship typically amounts to INR 4.5 Crores. All this includes the costs which are requested by the applicant as well as the set contributions by the India Alliance. If you want to check for further details, then kindly see costing policies. Costs requested by the applicant must commensurate with their research proposal and should be fully justified in the full application. Inadequate justifications may result in costs being revised.
Eligibility Criteria :
1. You should normally have between 07 to 12 years of post-PhD or equivalent clinical research experience. It is not essential for medical or veterinary degree holders to have a PhD. Due allowance will be given to an applicant whose career has been affected for personal reasons.
2. Applicants for the Senior Fellowship typically have a substantial record of publications and would have made significant intellectual contributions in their chosen area of research. Supervision of students and extra mural funding are also positively considered.
3. Candidates need not be Indian nationals or of India origin but must already be pursuing or intending to pursue an academic research career in India.
4. You may apply even if you already hold another Fellowship. However, please note that if awarded, you will be required to make a choice between your current Fellowship and the India Alliance Fellowship. The India Alliance does not permit Fellows to overlap their India Alliance Fellowship with any other national or international Fellowship.
5. The Fellowship must be started within one year from the point at which the decision has been communicated, typically a week after the interview
Application Process :
1. You must complete and submit a preliminary application through IASys by the published deadline.
2. If your preliminary application is viewed positively, you will be invited to submit a full application. Candidates will be notified in writing.
3. Resubmission following consideration of full application is not permitted.
4. Your application will be reviewed by the appropriate advisory committee and, if successful, you will be short-listed for interview.
5. Awards will be conditional upon a satisfactory performance at interview.
6. You may not apply for more than one Alliance fellowship scheme at any one time.
7. Late applications will not be accepted at any stage.
8. Fellowships must be started within one year of award.
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for any queries
This is a biannual competition.
May 2014 Competition :
Preliminary application launch: 19 July 2013
Preliminary application deadline: 26 August 2013
Invited full application deadline: December 2013
Selection Committee review: March 2014
Interviews for short-listed candidates: May 2014
November 2014 Competition:
Preliminary application launch: 3 February 2014
Preliminary application deadline: 18 March 2014
Invited full application deadline: June 2014
Selection Committee review: September/October 2014
Interviews for short-listed candidates: November 2014